We want to ensure that healthy living and general wellbeing are prioritised over just appearance and weight.
We’re calling for:
- The healthcare sector and those in the diet, health and fitness industries to promote long-term healthy living and wellbeing ahead of a short-term approach focused on weight loss and appearance
- Individuals to celebrate feeling good and being healthy, and encouraging them to promote brands and initiatives that support body confidence and challenge those which don’t
We’ll support this by:
- Gathering and sharing best practice, information and resources
- Raising awareness and understanding of the issue, and building the case for change
- Piloting programmes in partnership with public health, sports and nutrition providers to ensure body confidence is rapidly integrated into health and wellbeing programmes